The information we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, including:
- Identity Data (e.g. name and date of birth);
- Contact Data (e.g. postal address, email address, telephone number);
- Financial Data (e.g. account balances);
- Technical and Usage Data (e.g. internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this site; and information on how you use this site;
- Profile Data (e.g. username and password); and
- Content downloaded.
There are different ways in which we may collect data from and about you. These include:
- Information you provide us e.g. by filling in forms or corresponding with us by email and when you apply to create an account on this site, enter a competition/ promotion/ survey or give us feedback, subscription to a service or contact us.
- Information from a variety of third-party sources such as business customers, government agencies, consumer and credit reporting agencies and other suppliers of public information.
Cookies and Internet Technology
How we will use the information about you
We may gather this information and use it and disclose it to any person or organization, including any affiliate companies for legitimate purposes including:
- facilitating and processing applications including for new accounts;
- processing and delivering your requests;
- managing our relationship with you;
- enabling you to participate in a competition, promotion or survey;
- administering and protecting our business and this site;
- delivering site content and advertisements to you and understanding the effectiveness of such advertising;
- meeting our legal and regulatory requirements;
- complying with a request from another bank, financial institution, credit agency or credit bureau;
- facilitating an investigation of or prosecution for fraud, money laundering or offences associated with terrorism or terrorist financing in accordance with laws;
- protecting our own business interests including collecting a debt owed to us or allowing the undertaking of a transaction;
- verifying information previously given by you with any other organization when necessary; and
- finding out how many persons use our electronic channels and which aspects of our channels are used most frequently.
The relevant information is used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to process your application, act upon your request and to communicate with you in general. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing information. We may also use your personal data to determine what type of information is most useful in order to, improve our electronic channels and to provide you with a better customer experience as well as for general operation of our business.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
How we protect your information
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access and disclosure, copying, use or modification. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
Sharing of Personal Data
Subject to your consent, we may disclose some or all of the information we collect about you to our affiliate companies and to other third parties. Such information will only be shared with companies that perform services for us or on our behalf and companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or other financial institutions with which we collaborate or partner with respect to marketing arrangements and agreements, such as credit and debit card issuers.
The contractual arrangements between us and these third-parties require them to keep the information we provide them confidential and to use the information only for the purposes authorized by us.
Links to other websites